Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Sore

So I realize that I haven't written much for a while now and isn't for lack of excitement but rather but the kinda mood I have been in recently due to an altercation me and some others had with my GM which has for the most part been resolved. Also with work on an upswing at the moment finding time to write a blog entry becomes increasingly harder, not to mention I have family visiting in a weeks time........which is not to say I don't have things to talk about.

Most importantly my guild in the last week downed 3 new bosses. Yup that's freaking amazing and we did it. Last Monday we got Anatheron in Mount Hyjal, unfortunately this was the day the altercation took place and both me and the guild's other main tank didn't attend. However I got a raid invite from another big guild on the server for a Mount Hyjal run and I got to down Anatheron as well. I wasn't one of their main tanks being how they would rather use a guild tank for the encounter, however he died and I was a close second on threat. Now I don't mean to say that the tank was bad or anything, he just wasn't nearly as geared as me is all. So anyway this meant that Anatheron had his eyes focused on me and we were slowly losing the raid due to some mistakes, eventually for about 30% of the fight I had only one healer on me and towards the end the infernal tank died as well and I did tank the boss as well as one infernal to his demise. The total number of survivors...3. Me, a rogue and a healer. It was a moment of glory, which I gladly basked in. I got myself a nice Pillar of Ferocity for my effort (being the only feral druid in the raid) and a standing invite to the guild, which I gracefully declined since I still felt a need to work things out with my GM despite the occurances.




So anyway because of the evident altercation I didn't attend the progression raid on Friday and my guild went to try out Tidewalker which was hard needless to say without a druid tank and what was evidently wrong placement, nonetheless they made some solid attempts and after much coercing I attended the Saturday raid despite things still standing as they were and lo and behold we one shotted Tidewalker. Unless that is you are counting the afk pally running into Tidewalker while we were buffing, luckily he was the only casualty. Needless to say we were happy since not only was the attempt clean but we had 0 deaths....not one person died. Amazing, so we went on to Leo and 2 shotted the guy....after which we went to bed (for those that have real lives :P)

Come Monday we were to make attempts on Fathom Lord, the last hurdle in here before Lady Vashj, so we come in after reading the strats, I tanked the shaman, 2 pallies tanked the hunter with one of them exclusively on the pet, the guild's main tank handled Fathom Lord himself and another warrior stood watch on the priest. Our first attempt was a little chaotic since we were not fully prepared for it. On our second attempt we lost too many dps-ers but got the boss down to 30% despite it and on our third attempt cleaned him up with 2 minutes to spare and only 2 deaths in our roster. Darn snazzy wouldn't you say.


(p.s. Nice pink staff eh..eh)
(p.s.s Not to be used while tanking bosses because the hit in dodge 2.85% is considerable, I hotswapped it once I was dps-ing on Fathom Lord)


This puts us at a respectable 5/6 SSC 2/4 TK and 2/5 MH.

In the end the incident which put a lot of us off was in a way a turning point. The attitude of a lot of people has changed and we have started feeling a sort of synergy building up amongst us, elitist attitudes are being left in the sidelines and raiders are being given a free reign to voice ideas and opinions instead of strats being stuffed down their throats. Overall I am happier for this change and hopefully this is far from temporary in its nature.

No comments: