Monday, April 21, 2008

The weekend that was...


The past weekend was extremely fruitful in many ways. Mainly because I got a minor gear overhaul, not in small part due to the badge vendor finally getting unlocked. So it began with one more run of Heroic MgT for my trinket, I have most of the stratergy down for that place and know almost all the pulls, so its far less painful than it used to be. We got to the third boss, got her down and another dang Vial of the Sunwell, this has been the 6-7th time the stupid trinket has dropped.....this slew of bad luck is beginning to get to me.


So I went to our friday night raid, we went into SSC and 2 shotted both Lurker and Leo. We are stuck there at the moment due to a lack of resist set for one of our tanks and a paladin tank for Tidewalker. So what did we do after finishing our raid rather early, went to Hyjal for fun times.


We went in (for the second time) and tanked the overwhelming waves that come. We had 4 tanks, 2 druids and 2 warriors. We on our final attempt got as far as the final wave. This netted us a couple of Hearts of Darkness, one epic and loads of fun. A couple more times and we will be seeing the first boss easily and this is with our guild still not fully geared, there are barely a few folks with even one piece of T5 gear. I know a lot of folks will berate this decision, but being a newly formed guild we just want to have a bit of fun and learn to raid well with each other, cause come next expansion we want to able to handily tackle the raiding content and fast. To tank the mobs that come in the waves, might I suggest the hurricane pull, Cast Barksin--->Cast Hurricane--->Bear form. Without any pally tanks Hyjal can be tough so we improvise.


So that was an eventful night, went to bed, had a nice full day with friends, came home for our Saturday night raid. But wait a minute we were 3 folks short, we cancel the raid and discuss how to increase raid attendance and have opened recruitment for a few classes, none of them for tanking. So after the hour long officer discussion I got a group together for a Heroic MgT run, it netted me a Rod of the Blazing Light and the oh-so beautiful Commendation of Kael'thas. I figured that every time the vial dropped it was because I had a healer in the group who didn't have that damn trinket, so this time I took a healer who I had helped in getting the trinket and it worked....try it folks, it may work for you. That trinket alone took my unbuffed HP in bear form to over 17k....yummy.


Got up on Sunday, did my usual morning routine, went and had lunch, came back in time for our ZA raid. Scheduled at 12 ST, by 11:30 ST there still weren't any invites being sent. Concerned I asked in Officer chat to find out that it had been delayed for an hour because of the badge vendor being at 99%. Fine...delay the raid for something silly....*rubs hands together*, I went and got myself a nethercleft leg armor crafted for 125g, 2 x Solid Stars of Elune for 46g total, picked up my badges, all 170 of them, and went to the Isle.


Oh the nasties...the nasties. There were a buttload of folks parked directly over the badge vendor, including half the alliance on our server and if that was unexpected then to add to the problem they were all flagged. Not only that, they were patrolling the Greengill coast to kill any flagged Horde players from completing the quest for the badge vendor. Now be it Horde or Alliance, that is a self-defeating thing to do. Due to the large number of folk there I lagged and my computer dc-ed and blanked out.....ummm..ok. So I restarted the computer, logged in and there was no one near the badge vendor for miles....???What? Not one to look a gift horse in the mouth, I went ahead, got my Tameless Breeches and the Ring of the Stalwart Protector, stepped back and a minute later there were literally hundreds of folks back there, apparently what I had witnessed was a glitch, but boy did it make my job easy, instead of having to avoid clicking a flagged alliance, I simply got my gear by walking up to the vendor.


I gemmed my leggings and put the armor kit. I put on my new gear and headed to ZA. With my new gear I sat at a pretty 17.8k HP, 31k armor, 38% dodge unbuffed in bear form. Now a full 1k ahead of my corresponding warrior Main tank, this was awesome.


So we went into ZA, got the first 2 bosses in one shot along with their chests...woohoo(I had over 800dps on the Eagle boss to come in top 3 dps). Then we got the 3rd boss in one shot. This is as far as I had been, and it was here that our one-shot streak ended. By the way, as a result of my new gear, I didn't go below 50% of my health at all and as a result never once benefitted from the evasive maneuvers from the trinket I just got, still wondering if its a good thing or a bad thing. But as a result of this gear I took exactly half the damage the warrior tank took against Narlokk the bear boss. Anyway against dragonhawk, I had a tough job of keeping the dragonhawks under control which imo is a hard task. So we finally got him on our 4th attempt, even though I died on that attempt, it was not before all the dragonhawks had been dispatched with, leaving my raid free to dps down the boss. Following which we got the Hex Lord and the quest fetched me a neat 5 BoJ and finally Zul'Jin, whom I have to say isn't really that hard with a good group, but the Eagle Phase is a nightmare for melee dps. I popped out and used Tranquility once to help out, but besides that it was a nightmare. Though the run did net me a Hood of the Third Eye for my healing set, which might I say is looking quite nice, easily in the 1400+ range.


So that rounds up the events that happened in the weekend that was. I am a content bear for now.


WWS Report for SSC(Friday): http://wowwebstats.com/akinrsxahefqs

WWS Report for ZA(Sunday): http://wowwebstats.com/q6cu4koleozea?m

No comments: