Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Hunter madness

Also some updates on my hunter. Hes grown up into a fine dps machine and is currently roaming outlands as a level 64. On hitting outlands his levelling was minorly halted due to the fact that Thrallmar rep has a pretty sweet bow as a rep reward at exalted, not to mention a very fine Polearm as well. Its a combination of these that I just ran some quests which had hunter gear and left the others to pursue instancing. It got me pretty far and I'm almost half way through honored with Thrallmar and there are still quite a few quests to go.

He's also quite a ways through honored with Cenarion Expedition for their arrows as well as their glyph and followed the routine of using unidentified plant parts and the follow up chain quests to get him most of the way there. I used the rep to buy myself the arrows from friendly rep and also the warden's haubrek.

In the meanwhile I was also collecting Marks of Thrallmar for the delectable Mark of Conquest which I now have. Many a level 70s stomped on me while I worked hard in getting them but it was worth it. On a side note, one level 70 pissed me off enough for me to bring my main and scare him the hell away forever.(Level 70s picking on anyone less than 2 levels below them, unless provoked, is bad form.)

Its also something worthwhile to note that during a Slave Pens run with a level 70 warlock, I outdpsed him(me being level 62 then) by putting out a combined dps of over 540, which needless to say pleasantly surprised me. I must say that Steady Shot greatly increases your dps and simultaneously your threat generation because since I got it, I have pulled aggro of Apollo more often than it should happen.

Currently I am at over 1100AP and around 15% crit(200+dps). My pet has about 5k HP, 8k armor and 130+dps. My raiding guild's hunter class lead has challenged me that I will never outdps his hunter and in the rare event that I do he will owe me 500g. Hopefully with the plethora of advice available online.....he shall pay(BRK don't let me down).

Anyway that's all the updates I have on the youngling....in time he too shall see more of the end game.

No comments: