Sunday, March 2, 2008

One head on pike please


So as per our promise, our guild went in on Sunday to Magtheridon's Lair and came out, after a couple of botched attempts, with his oh-so-precious head. A couple of lucky folks ended up with their appropriate loot, as for me I passed on the chest piece not wishing to replace my Vengeful Gladiator's chest in favor of anything. I am currently at a quandary, unsure whether or not pursuing the 4 piece bonus of T4 for feral tanks is worth it or not. I like the 1400 armor bonus, but I will end up losing a lot of stamina and so its hard for me to decide whether or not the stamina lost will be amply made up by my mitigation.

I also got myself the Skulker's Greaves on Saturday so I used them instead of my Clefthoof Leggings (crit immunity not being an issue for me) to see how the extra dodge in the form of agility would affect me, it would mean I lose about 1k armor (something I am not happy about), a little bit of health (seeing that raid buffed I hit a cool 22k HP even after the little stam loss, leaves me unconcerned), but I gain about 2.6% dodge, which shoud go a long way in some of the fights. Unfortunately the raid leader forgot to WWS the fight and as a result I wasn't able to determine the overall benefits/disadvantages of kitting myself such.

My combination of armor, however unorthodox it may seem, gave me 53%+ dodge whenever my idol of ferocity would proc, and otherwise was at a healthy 48-49% if I'm not mistaken. Which was extremely useful in helping me avoid damage during Mag's since I was the tank assigned to the last channeler to go down, and did so with simply one pally healer on me through most of the fight.

Anywhoo its late for me and time for me to turn in. However this guild first made me happy enough to stay late to post. Ciao.

No comments: