Thursday, March 6, 2008

Swipe away



So lets talk about swipe. Its the only multi mob tanking skill that druids have, barring tab targeting etc. It allows us to effectively hold 3 mobs on us, and at a certain point it actually becomes more effective than lacerate. But yet we often don't use it for the fear of breaking crowd control. I can't begin the count the number of times I have unsheeped mobs because my guild wants me to tank 2 of the mobs and then out of frustration I decide to tank all 3 because the mages wait for the mob to reach me before sheeping/pigging/turtling them. The healers still hold grudges against me for that sometimes.

BUT things are about to change. In the upcoming patch swipe is being changed for the following


(Click image to see original post at MMO-Champion)


Basically it says that swipe will no longer hit targets under crowd control. So if there are sheeped mobs, sapped mobs etc.....swipe away to hold threat on multiple mobs.

(Thanks to MMO-Champion for this information)

No comments: